Long Island native Dr. Mark Hochman received his B.A. from Hofstra University and his Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS) degree from Stony Brook University School of Dental Medicine. Following graduation from dental school in 1984, Dr. Hochman began a General Practice Residency program at Nassau County Medical Center; by the completion of the program, he was Chief Resident.
Dr. Hochman is a dual trained specialist. He received his postgraduate certificates from New York University College of Dental Surgery in Periodontology in 1988 and in Orthodontics in 1998. To further his knowledge of implantology, Dr. Hochman attended Harvard School of Dental Medicine and earned advanced training in the placement of implants during a year long program.
In addition to his specialty work in implants, orthodontics and periodontics at Mid-Island Dental Associates, Dr. Hochman holds dual faculty appointments at New York University’s College of Dental Surgery in the Orthodontics and Periodontics departments. When he is not lecturing to students, Dr. Hochman lectures nationally and internationally on a variety of topics and has published over forty scientific articles. He currently serves as clinical director of Milestone Scientific, Inc., a medical/dental device company. Dr. Hochman holds over 20 U.S. patents that have been used in these medical/dental devices.
During his free time, Dr. Hochman likes to spend time with his wife, Claudia, and their daughter, Emily. He also enjoys cycling and jogging.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Academy of Orthodontics
- Academy of General Dentist
- Second District Dental Society
- Northeast Society of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointergration
- Long Island Dental Study Club
Awards and Honors:
- Fellow – The International College of Dentist Award
- President – Long Island Dental Study Club
- Vice President – Stony Brook Alumni Association
- Fellow – The Academy of General Dentist
- Program Director’s Award – Dept of Orthodontics, NYU
- Master Award – The Academy of General Dentist
- Member – The American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
- Fellow – The American Academy of Esthetic Dentistry
Dr. Hochman has written a total of 40 publications in major peer-reviewed journals.