The Better Way to Get Straightened Out
I want to straighten my teeth but I don’t want anyone to see my braces. What can I do?
While there are several “clear braces” options on the market, plastic aligners are not your only choice if you need to maintain a professional appearance while correcting your smile or your bite. 3M Incognito Braces are attached to to the back of your teeth instead of the front of your teeth or being worn over the teeth as clear braces are.
What are the benefits of Incognito braces over clear braces?
Clear plastic aligners can be a great choice for certain kinds of orthodontic repair, but they are not always effective for neuromuscular treatment or when major correction is needed. 3M Incognito Braces work just as traditional braces do, without being at all visible. Even clear braces can’t claim that – a clear plastic aligner may not be very noticeable, but it is still visible!
Incognito braces are also firmly attached to your teeth so you never have to worry about losing a costly aligner.
How do 3M Incognito braces work?
While these braces may seem unusual, they work just as quickly and efficiently as traditional braces do. They use wires and brackets, but each bracket is produced individually for you, so you are wearing perfect castings - for a really exclusive mouth. The braces are also made of gold alloy so you will never experience the allergic reactions nickel braces can cause.
How do I care for my Incognito braces?
Because Incognito™ Braces are designed to be extremely flat, hugging your teeth like a glove, they are not only nice to wear, they are very easy to brush. Here’s how to care for your 3M Incognito braces:
- Brush regularly and thoroughly.
- Floss regularly. Traditional floss is fine, but there are many products on the market designed to help easily thread floss around the wires.
- Be sure to continue with your regular dental checkups and visits to the dental hygienist.
- If you find your tongue wandering to a particular brace or wire, cover up the spot with a bit of dental wax. Just be sure to use your toothbrush and/or a "tree brush" to clean all the wax from your braces.
- Call your doctor immediately if you feel anything out of place or have concerns about breakage.
If 3M Incognito braces sound like the orthodontic solution you have been looking for, give us a call! We’d be happy to let you know if you are a candidate for treatment.