Dr. Karen Lewkowitz
Dr. Karen Lewkowitz has been in practice for 25 years in Bayside and Little Neck. Her extensive Orthodontic experience, reputation and caring nature makes her a welcome addition to our practice and popular with orthodontic patients.
A member of the American Association of Orthodontists, the American Dental Association, and Past Chairperson of the National Children’s Dental Health Month for Queens County Dental Society, Dr. Lewkowitz is a graduate of Columbia University’s College of Dental Medicine. After completing a two year Orthodontic Specialty at New York University’s College of Dentistry at the top of her class, she limits her practice to Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics.
Dr. Lewkowitz has a passion for teaching and has lectured extensively throughout Queens and Nassau Counties while holding the prestigious position as President of the Queens County Dental Society. As a local to our Great Neck Community, she is actively involved in the Great Neck School District Career Internship Program and was Chairman of the United Parent Teacher Committee of the Gifted and Talented Students of the Great Neck School District.
She is the proud mother of two wonderful daughters, Hilana who graduated from Princeton University and Einstein College of Medicine, and Ariana who is attending CCNY, majoring in music and pre-med.
When asked why she chose to become an Orthodontist, Dr. Lewkowitz replied, “I want to do for others what orthodontics did for me. It gave me a beautiful smile that changed my life forever!”
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Member of Northeastern Society of Orthodontics
- American Dental Association
- Member of Nassau County Dental Society
- Past-President of the Queens County Dental Society
- Member of American College of Dentists
- Past President- Alpha Omega for Columbia University
- Past President -Alpha Omega Queens and Nassau County chapters
- Regent of Alpha Omega
- Recipient of a Presidential Citation from Alpha Omega
- Alumni Representative Queens/Long Island Alumni Chapter of Columbia University’s School of Dental Medicine
- Past Chairperson- National Children’s Dental Health Month for Queens County Dental Society