Dr. Sam Morhaim
A senior partner at Great Neck & Mid-Island Dental Associates, Dr. Morhaim specializes in the field of periodontics. In addition to his work at Great Neck & Mid-Island Dental, he was Clinical Director of the Periodontal and Implant Department at Flushing Hospital Medical Center.
Dr. Morhaim earned his DDS from Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine where he received numerous honors including the American Association of Endodontics Award, the Academy of Dentistry for the Disabled Award and the American Dental Society of Anesthesiology Award. He also co-published a paper on endodontic therapy performed by dental students and led the student outreach program to increase dental awareness in the local community.
Upon graduation from dental school in 1990, he accepted a general practice residency position at the Long Island College Hospital in Brooklyn, New York. He graduated with honors from the Boston University School of Post-Doctoral Periodontics and Oral Biology and became a “Fellow” of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Presently he is a Diplomat of the same Dental Implant organization, which is the highest honor bestowed upon an active member. He is also certified to perform procedures using LANAP.
A Brooklyn native, when not practicing dentistry or attending professional obligations, Dr. Morhaim spends most of his time watching his two sons play sports. He is fluent in both English and Spanish languages.
- American Academy of Periodontology
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Diplomate
- American Dental Implant Association, Master & Diplomate
- Academy of Osseointegration
- American Dental Association
- Academy of Laser Dentistry
- The Northeast Society of Periodontics
- The Nassau County Dental Society
- New York State Dental Society
- SimPlant® Dental Academy
- Police Surgeons Benevolent Association
- Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry, Fellow
- American College of Forensics Examiners Institute
- Consumers Research Council of America - Voted one of 'America's Top Dentists' since 2007
- Master and Diplomate Status for The American Dental Implant Organization
- Diplomate Status - International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellowship Status - Institute for Advanced Laser Dentistry
- Former Elected Board Member, Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Student Alumni Board
- Former Elected Chairman, Mentorship Program Stony Brook School of Dental Medicine Student Alumni Board.
- Platinum Preferred Status with Biomet 3I
- 2007 & 2014 Newsday Professional Achievement Award Winner
- Former Clinical Director of Periodontics and Implantology at Flushing Hospital Medical Center