Despite the numerous innovations in dental technology, millions of individuals worldwide are still struggling with dental ailments. Tooth loss is among the most common problems, especially among the aging population.
Unlike in the old days when you had to wear dentures for missing teeth, now there are better ways to deal with tooth loss. Dental implants offer the best solutions to missing teeth. With dental implants, there are posts surgically attached to the jawbone of the missing tooth or teeth.
This gives a strong, stable, and long-term solution to missing teeth. In fact, it offers the most natural restoration in terms of functionality and appearance. If you’re considering All-on-4 Dental Implants, your first step is getting a consultation from a reputable dentist. Call our dentist at Great Neck Dental Associates to schedule a consultation today.
The dentist will review your oral condition during the exam, including your gums and jawbone to determine whether you’re qualified for this treatment. If you’re not a good candidate for this particular restorative treatment, they will guide you to other options.
Benefits of All-on-4 Dental Implants
If your dentist has scheduled you for the implant procedure, you might be curious how you’ll benefit from the treatment. This section highlights some of the major benefits you’ll see from the treatment.
- Quick Solution – Within a single appointment, you can replace multiple missing teeth. You won’t have to wait to replace one tooth at a time. This ensures immediate results with enhanced chewing ability, appearance, tooth stability, and overall oral comfort.
- Improved Appearance – If you’ve lost a lot of teeth, one effect you’ll have to deal with is facial sagging. Due to lack of stimulation to the underlying jawbone of the missing teeth, the jawbone tends to deteriorate and weaken. This causes further damage to the facial structure around the missing teeth, causing facial wrinkles and making you look older. All-on-4 dental implants can prevent facial sagging or lift your face, improving your facial appearance.
- Improved Bite Function – With All-on-4 implants, you can get back to enjoying your favorite foods again. Once the implants heal, they behave and function like your natural teeth, allowing you to chew properly. Unlike dentures, implants are stable and won’t slip or move when chewing.
- Improved Speech – If you’re missing multiple teeth, your speech can be impaired. By replacing the missing teeth, the empty gaps will be closed, allowing you to speak normally and with confidence.
- Promotes Your Oral Health – There are many dangers of living with empty sockets in your mouth. Besides leading to jawbone loss, it can make it difficult to practice good oral hygiene. This can encourage bacteria growth, leading to gum disease and other health-related conditions such as heart attack, diabetes, and stroke. Dental implants can restore your oral structure to its natural state, reducing the chances of developing dental problems.
- Permanent and Long-lasting Solution – One of the key benefits of All-on-4 implants is that they provide permanent and long-lasting results. Once the implants bond with the underlying jawbone, they function like natural teeth. If well cared for, these implants can last for 20 or more years.
- Reduced Healing Time – Besides saving you time and money, All-on-4 dental implants significantly reduce the healing time and the stress of dealing with surgical side effects of multiple procedures.
How to Maintain Your Dental Implants & All-On-4s
Once dental implants heal, caring for them is easy and straightforward. Because they function like your natural teeth, you’ll only need to continue with your daily dental routine. These include:
- Brush your teeth, tongue, and gums at least twice a day
- Eat healthier and hydrate well
- Schedule frequent dental exams and cleanings
- Avoid consuming sugary foods and beverages
- Wear a mouth guard during physical activities such have as sports
- Wear a nightguard if you have bruxism
- Avoid chewing hard and sticky foods
- Avoid consuming staining foods and drinks
- Avoid smoking and tobacco products
- Use fluoride-based toothpaste and mouthwash
How Long Does All-on-4 Dental Implants Last?
Dental implants are made to last. If well cared for, these implants can last for as long as 20 years or longer.
Schedule An Appointment Today
Are you ready to reconstruct your smile and enjoy a lifetime solution to your missing teeth? All-on-4 dental implants are a worthwhile investment worth considering. For All-on-4 dental implant services, contact Great Neck Dental Associates.